Vega Product Line Review
I was recently turned on to the Vega products by one of my readers. He mentioned it in a comment and I thought I would look into it. I am happy that I did and want to share with you what I have found out.
The products and company philosophy are amazing. They promote a healthy environment at work and in everything they do.
Where to buy: Amazon.
Return Policy: 30 Days
My Rating: 9 out of 10
I have included some of my affiliate links in this review to allow you to get more information or to purchase the products.
Who is Vega?
Brendan Brazier is the co-founder of Vega. He is also a professional triathlete that was looking for a competitive edge when he was experimenting with plant-based proteins. These plant-based proteins helped him recover quicker than other supplements he tried.
It is from Brendan’s experiments that the Vega product line was born. The products are plant-based and meet the needs of athletes without compromising nutrition. These specialized sport nutrition, protein bars, shakes, and other products will help anyone live an active lifestyle.
Why use Vega products?
The Vega products are:
- Gluten Free
- No Grains
- Contains no artificial flavors or preservatives
Only all-natural ingredients are used such as:
- Plant based proteins from pea, alfalfa, hemp, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, golden chlorella, and Sacha Inchi
- Organic Maca grown at 14,000 feet in the Andes
- Essential fatty acids and fiber from organic flax seed and organic chia seed powder
- Coffeeberry from Fairtrade International and Rainforest Alliance certified farms
What are the Vega products?
Whether you are looking for a healthier product for an active lifestyle or performance, Vega has a line of all-natural products worth looking at.
For an active lifestyle and products that contain greens, look at:
- Vega Protein and Greens – 20g of protein with 110-120 calories. Comes in multiple flavors: salted caramel, vanilla, chocolate, berry, tropical, natural, and coconut almond.
- Vega Essentials – 20g of protein, 130 calories, 25% DV of 12 vitamins and minerals, 4g fiber, 1g Omega-3 ALA. Available in Chocolate, vanilla, or mocha.
- Vega one Organic All-in-One Shake – 20g of protein, 150 calories, 50% DV of 8 vitamins and minerals, 4g fiber, 500mg Omega-3 ALA, Antioxidants (vitamins A and C), Probiotics (1 billion CFU bacillus coagulans). Available in chocolate mint, chocolate, French vanilla, plain unsweetened, coconut almond, mocha, and berry.
If you are looking for performance or to help build and repair muscles, check out:
- Vega Clean Protein – 25g protein, 130 calories, 4g BCAAs. Available in chocolate and vanilla.
- Vega Sport Protein – 30g protein, 150 calories, 6g BCAAs, 1 billion CFU bacillus coagulans. Available in berry, chocolate, vanilla, and mocha.
Some of their other products are:
- Vega Sport Electrolyte Hydrator – stay hydrated during workouts or throughout the day with all essential electrolytes that your body needs
- Vega Sport Recovery – restores energy after training sessions
- Vega Sport Sugar-free Energizer – provides immediate and sustained energy to power through short workouts
- Vega Sport Protein and other nutritional Bars
- Vega Sport Pre-workout Energizer – this will give you the energy needed to push through long and intense workouts.
- Vega Omega Oil – 3g of Omega-3 ALA per tablespoon
- Vega Maca – supports digestion
- Vega Chlorella – made from fresh water algae and is available in powder or tablet
As you can see, products for just about anyone.
What I like About Vega
Vega is one of those companies that truly stand behind their products. Look at their corporate culture. They believe in healthy products so that everyone can live a healthier lifestyle and reduce our footprint on the world.
Vega promotes a very healthy work environment for the employees, most of which lead very active lives and are engaged in various physical activities. The company promotes healthy alternatives in everything it does, they even give employees incentives to bike to work.
They are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world, which starts at home.
In 2017, they were named the best place to work in Canada.
With offices in the U.S., U.K., and Canada, products will reach their destinations quickly.
What I do not like Vega
Their products are available directly from Vega or on Amazon. Amazon prices are less than their own site’s, unless there is a 25% discount available. You would also need to order $50 or more to qualify for free shipping. If you have Amazon prime, then the best deal is usually on Amazon.
I have given Vega a 9 out of 10 rating since they do offer some very nice all-natural products, they have a great company philosophy, and are affordably priced regardless if you get your products directly from them or Amazon.
When you do try it, or if you already have, please leave a comment here to help others know what your experience was. Good or bad.
Thank you for reading,