Taking care of our digestive system is vital for good health. A cleanse is a good way to start, but InVite Health was founded in 1987 and has a reputation for producing quality products that can help you stay healthy. I wanted to take a look at their Digestive Plus Hx®. At first glance it seems fairly basic, until I researched the ingredients further. I had an idea what Zinc is good for, but I need to learn more about the others. Below is what I have found in my research.
Price: Currently 20% off making the price $43.96 as of 7/27/18.
Where to buy: Invitehealth.com
Return Policy: No return policy was listed on their website or during the ordering process short of providing credit card information.
My Rating: 7 out of 10
I have included some of my affiliate links in this review to allow you to get more information or to purchase the product.
What is Digestive Plus Hx® and what is it for?
Digestive Plus Hx® promotes a healthy digestive system. There are several benefits to taking this which include:
- Healthy stomach and intestinal lining
- Helps relieve occasional gastric discomfort
- Helps maintain a healthy gastric intestinal environment
What are the main ingredients and some benefits?
- Zinc – 16mg (107% daily value) – is very beneficial to maintain our digestive health, boosts our immune system, regulates blood sugar, helps with diarrhea, and promotes liver health.
- Blue Agave (90% inulin) and L-glutamine – 500mg of a proprietary blend, no daily values have been established). This is a natural sweetener that is 1.5 times sweeter than sugar, but each tablespoon has 60 calories, compared to 40 in sugar. Studies have shown this to be beneficial for diabetics. (source)
- PepZin GI® (Zinc L-Carnosine)- 75mg (no daily value has been established) – this is a compound that is bonded at the molecular level to increase its effectiveness. It stabilizes small bowel integrity and stimulates gut repair processes (source) . Studies show that there are additional benefits when Zinc Carnosie is combined with other ingredients.(source) Inulin – has been used to help with triglycerides and constipation. (source)
In case you are wondering, yes Agave is the plant that tequila is made from and no you do not get the same effects from taking this as you do from drinking tequila.
Are there any concerns or side effects?
- There are concerns about taking too much zinc and how it can affect your body’s ability to absorb copper. It has been suggested that this can be offset by taking a supplement, such as a multi-vitamin that contains 1 to 2 mg of copper.
- Inulin is safe when used according to the directions. Taking too much can cause stomach problems.
- L-glutamine should not be used if you have severe liver disease or sensitivity to MSG.
What I like About Digestive Plus Hx®
- Manufacture using cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Uses Vcaps® technology (vegetarian capsules) which allows for efficient absorption into the body
- PepZin GI® has been the focus of numerous human clinical trials
- NDI registered with the FDA for adults and children over the age of 12
What I do not like
- No return policy on their site prior to providing credit card information. I do not know if it is mentioned after that. The only guarantee is to the high quality of the product.
- Lack of reviews. For a company that has been around 25 years, I am surprised that there are no reviews, good or bad. I wonder if they just don’t post any reviews?
The reasons that I could only give them a 7 out of 10 is due to the lack of information when it comes to returns and reviews. They do a good job educating their customers with articles and videos. I like the ingredients and they should work well together.
Please do your research on any supplements that you are thinking about taking from reputable sources. I try not put anything in my articles or reviews that I cannot source back to studies or medical publications. Please use caution when reviewing sources, I have seen a number of websites that make claims as to the benefits of specific ingredients or products that cannot be verified. I understand that a lot of information has “for informational purposes only”, but sometimes information can be dangerous to our health.
When you have completed your research, talk to your doctor. Give them all the information that you have found and make sure the supplements will not interact negatively with any medication you are currently taking. Some supplements can increase the effectiveness of certain medications, which may not be what you want either.
Click here for more information or to purchase
When you do try it, or if you already have, please leave a comment here to help others know what your experience was. Good or bad.
Thank you for reading,