Taking care of our digestive system is vital for good health. A cleanse is a good way to start, but InVite Health was founded in 1987 and has a reputation for producing quality products that can help you stay healthy.
I wanted to take a look at their Digestive Plus Hx®. At first glance, it seems fairly basic, until I researched the ingredients further. I had an idea of what Zinc is good for, but I need to learn more about the others. Below is what I have found in my research.
Product: Digestive Plus Hx®
Where to buy: Amazon
My Rating: 7 out of 10
What is Digestive Plus Hx® and what is it for?
Digestive Plus Hx® promotes a healthy digestive system. There are several benefits to taking this which include:
- Healthy stomach and intestinal lining
- Helps relieve occasional gastric discomfort
- Helps maintain a healthy gastric intestinal environment
What are the main ingredients and some benefits?
- Zinc – 16mg (107% daily value) – is very beneficial to maintain our digestive health, boosts our immune system, regulates blood sugar, helps with diarrhea, and promotes liver health.
- Blue Agave (90% inulin) and L-glutamine – 500mg of a proprietary blend, no daily values have been established). This is a natural sweetener that is 1.5 times sweeter than sugar, but each tablespoon has 60 calories, compared to 40 in sugar. Studies have shown this to be beneficial for diabetics. (source)
- PepZin GI® (Zinc L-Carnosine)- 75mg (no daily value has been established) – this is a compound that is bonded at the molecular level to increase its effectiveness. It stabilizes small bowel integrity and stimulates gut repair processes (source). Studies show that there are additional benefits when Zinc Carnosine is combined with other ingredients. (source) Inulin – has been used to help with triglycerides and constipation. (source)
In case you are wondering, yes Agave is the plant that tequila is made from and no you do not get the same effects from taking this as you do from drinking tequila.
Are there any concerns or side effects?
- There are concerns about taking too much zinc and how it can affect your body’s ability to absorb copper. It has been suggested that this can be offset by taking a supplement, such as a multivitamin that contains 1 to 2 mg of copper.
- Inulin is safe when used according to the directions. Taking too much can cause stomach problems.
- L-glutamine should not be used if you have severe liver disease or sensitivity to MSG.
What I like About Digestive Plus Hx®
- Manufacture using cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Uses Vcaps® technology (vegetarian capsules) which allows for efficient absorption into the body
- PepZin GI® has been the focus of numerous human clinical trials
- NDI registered with the FDA for adults and children over the age of 12
What I do not like
Lack of reviews. For a company that has been around 25 years, I am surprised that there are no reviews, good or bad. I wonder if they just don’t post any reviews?
The reason that I could only give them a 7 out of 10 is due to the lack of information when it comes to returns and reviews. They do a good job of educating their customers with articles and videos. I like the ingredients and they should work well together.
Please do your research on any supplements that you are thinking about taking from reputable sources. I try not to put anything in my articles or reviews that I cannot source back to studies or medical publications.
Please use caution when reviewing sources, I have seen several websites that make claims as to the benefits of specific ingredients or products that cannot be verified.
I understand that a lot of information has “for informational purposes only”, but sometimes information can be dangerous to our health.
When you have completed your research, talk to your doctor. Give them all the information that you have found and make sure the supplements will not interact negatively with any medication you are currently taking.
Some supplements can increase the effectiveness of certain medications, which may not be what you want either.
Click here for more information or to purchase
When you do try it, or if you already have, please leave a comment here to help others know what your experience was. Good or bad.
Here are some PINs you can share with your friends on Pinterest:
6 thoughts on “Digestive Plus Hx – Natural Digestive Supplements Product”
As a person suffering from IBS I have tried so many products out there to help. Finally, I went to my gastro and was prescribed medication to take daily. I am not a huge fan of taking pills everyday so I am always looking for ways to cleanse my system. Thanks for the info.
Hi Kimberly, I am sure you have done a lot of your own research in IBS and working with your Dr is important. I don’t like taking prescribed pills either, unless I have to. As you may have seen, there are plenty of natural alternatives to taking pills.
Just by the foods you eat, higher fiber foods or they types may make a difference. There are several helpful herbs that you may also benefit from. Some I have written about in other articles or product reviews. Please look at them and you may find something that may help.
This is a really good review! I like how you are honest about the lack of information on the website selling this and also lining up the pros and cons.
Thanks, I try to be honest in my reviews of products. I understand that newer products will not have reviews on them, but the sellers should have enough information on their site for a person to make a quick decision if they want them to purchase the product. If I am looking for something and they don’t have the information I want, do you think I am going to call them to ask questions or wait in a chat line for answers? I don’t and don’t expect others too either.
The article was not specific on the harmful effects a pregnant woman may suffer from taking acai and that necessitated this question:
I have a pregnant wife who is interested in the acai product. I would like to know what harmful effects it might have for my pregnant wife? I would like you to be a little more specific.
Why all the buzz about Acai as a weight loss product when the claims are not substantiated and even when it is combined with diet and exercise, the claims are weak at best?
I read in the article that buyers should be wary because some of the products claiming to contain acai may not have it and it elicited this question:
How do I know for sure if a product I wish to purchase contains acai? Is there some test I can carry out to find out? Do you have any idea what the industry is doing to check this fraud??
Hi, I will try to answer your questions the best I can based on the research that I conducted.
The studies that I reviewed did not give specific reasons how acai could affect someone that is pregnant. There seems to be a standard precaution on any supplements or claims that has not gone through extensive medical studies.
In my case, I do feel like I have more energy since I started using acai powder in my daily smoothie. Acai has been known to help increase metabolism, which will help with weight control. I just feel that some people hype this up a bit, but I have only been using acai for a short time and will see how the long-term effects are.
You should always buy supplements from a reputable source like amazon or some other place you know. If the product is no good, I know Amazon will pull it off their site and I am sure other places will do the same. They can’t afford to have their customers leave because of a bad experience with one product. These products seem to work themselves out of business quickly.
Hope this helps you.